The NZ Film Festival Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that is only possible with the support of passionate volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff. Our head office is located in Wellington and is complemented by an Auckland office. We also have fabulous personnel in Christchurch and Dunedin who help make NZIFF a success in the main centres.
Opportunites are posted below as they become available.
- Strategic and operational role; lead a small team
- Permanent full time position; mid August start
- Central Wellington location
Reporting to, and working very closely with, the Festival Director, the General Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the Film Festival and other special NZIFF events and presentations.
The role is broad, with key responsibilities including operations and financial management, relationship management with key stakeholders and sponsors, strategic development, HR and leadership of a small team plus contractors.
It’s an exciting time to join NZIFF as they embark on lots of exciting changes; you will play a key role in driving this change and be part of their success.
- Proven business acumen and financial literacy
- General management, leadership and staff management experience
- A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- High level strategic thinking and experience
- Clear, confident oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior problem solving capabilities coupled with sound judgement
- Respect, understanding and awareness for Tikanga Māori
- A real love of live events is essential; an understanding of film, with an established network of film industry organisations and exhibitors, is desirable