The NZ Film Festival Trust is a not-for-profit organisation that is only possible with the support of passionate volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff. Our head office is located in Wellington and is complemented by an Auckland office. We also have fabulous personnel in Christchurch and Dunedin who help in making NZIFF a success in the main centres.
Opportunites are posted below as they become available.
This role will assist the Wellington Festival Manager with coordinating and overseeing the sale of NZIFF tickets in Wellington. They will train cashiers, oversee the setup of ticketing equipment, troubleshoot, handle customer enquiries and sell tickets on the NZIFF ticketing system. Additionally, they will assist the Wellington Festival Manager in the event management of NZIFF in Wellington.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Previous experience with a computerised ticketing system is essential (NZIFF Wellington uses Vista), including knowledge of ticket office operations and reconciliation practices
- Experience supervising staff
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken
- Strong attention to detail
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- Training and overseeing cashiers, NZIFF office staff (as required), venue managers and venues own cashier staff on the NZIFF ticketing system. This will include managing cashiers to ensure they meet NZIFF service standards and monitoring appropriate ticketing staffing levels and crowd management in ticketing
- Coordinating installation of POS equipment at the NZIFF box office, venues and office
- Ensuring the ticketing agent has accurate cinema floor plans, selling patterns, holds, censorship and session information (and that these are checked prior to going on sale)
- Loading session information, ticket pricing, holds and venue information onto the ticketing system and updating censorship information as it comes to hand
- Issuing complimentary and paid tickets and passes for staff, filmmakers, guests, sponsors, distributors, exhibitors and media as directed
- Overseeing audit of the venues and the office daily sales sheets and reconciliations
- Assisting the Wellington Festival Manager in the setup and pack-out of events
- Coordination of the venue packs and venue box office setup; arranging cinema signage
- Assisting the Wellington Festival Manager with volunteers rostering, volunteers and NZIFF venue staff induction
- Deputising for the Wellington Festival Manager during NZIFF Wellington (as required for various tasks).
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 19 June to 16 August 2019.
To apply, please first request the full job description and further application details by emailing .
Applications close 5pm, Friday 24 May. Early applications are encouraged. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Wednesday 29 May.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or must already hold a valid NZ work visa. This position is Wellington-based.
We love volunteers!
If you’re passionate about film, event management and/or communication then consider volunteering with NZIFF. We offer a friendly environment with flexible hours, copious amounts of tea and coffee, plus complimentary movie tickets. Sometimes there's also homemade cake.
Wellington Office Volunteers
All Wellington office volunteers must be available to provide volunteer hours during normal office hours. We are unable to accommodate volunteers outside of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm due to staff workloads. Thank you.
- Preparing promotional materials,
- Checking and updating information in various databases,
- Researching and contacting community groups,
- Sorting rating certificates,
- Updating website back-end,
- Helping with packing gift bags, and
- General office assistance.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude.
- Good computer literacy.
- A love of film is a definite bonus.
- In Wellington we require assistance during the months of March, April, May, June and July. We are only able to accommodate volunteers in the office during normal working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).
Auckland Office Volunteers
All Auckland office volunteers must be available to provide volunteer hours during normal office hours. We are unable to accommodate volunteers outside of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm due to staff workloads. Thank you.
- Researching and contacting community groups
- Preparing mail items for postage
- Assist in the preparation of posters and display materials
- General office assistance
- Good communication skills
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Good computer literacy
- In Auckland we require assistance during the months of June and July. We are only able to accommodate volunteers in the office during normal working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm).
Volunteer Ushers - Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin
We require an army of volunteers to assist with ushering film screenings at our cinema venues around town. We’re humbled by the number of returning volunteers every year but we do welcome new enquiries.
We require a commitment from Volunteer Ushers to be available prior to NZIFF for one to two hours of training, plus a commitment to be available for a minimum of eight ushering shifts during NZIFF.